Sunday, March 12, 2006

Greetings from Vermont

Abe from Vermont is another carbon farmer. Here is his comment to our post on calculating soil carbon:

.......

Again, I am with you folks. It seems I am commenter # 1. Hopefully the tide begins picking up soon.
We will be establishing baseline carbon measurements, measuring for all fractions on the farm this year. We'll see what happens after another year of Holistic Management Planned Grazing and Keyline subsoiling/irrigation.
Do you know of Keyline farms that are thinking/working along the same lines as you?
Please feel free to consider me a carbon farming penpal.
My lines of thought are exactly parallel to yours. I have presented at three conferences this winter on this theme, as well as hosted five workshops on the farm on same. People are listening.
Now, we are aiming to gather a group of graziers who also want to subsoil and monitor soil carbon to see what we can do in a year or two.
Best,
Abe

No comments: